Latest news

My Story, by Jennifer Darr

1 comment

As a child I was always sick. By my sophomore year in high school I started working out and drinking protein shakes and eating healthy. That helped but I still had other female issues. When I was 18, I went to see Virginia Jenkins (Rich Easterling ND, mother) for help with my nutritional needs.
Virginia taught me about deep body cleanses and the importance in diet and getting extra nutrients from supplements.
Over the years I have done numerous cleanses. I even had my two last kids born at home with a nurse midwife. Before I got deathly sick a year and a half ago, I stopped taking some of my enzymes and supplements that Rich Easterling ND put me on. I was very busy with my grandma and my husbands grandma visiting them in nursing homes. Basically, I let myself go.

I became deathly ill last March, 2013, after I had a root canal crown redone. (Didn’t know at the time that was why… far as how long I have had Lyme Disease, not really sure, but we, Dr Easterling and I, are thinking at least 15-20 years, if not longer). I had bad circulation, feet turned blue/purple when walking or when they were down(had to elevate) severe back, leg, feet, pain. Cramping and abdomen pain. Night sweats, couldn’t drive. All symptoms of Lyme. Went to ER and to obgyn cause I had fibroids that doubled. ER said I had edema. Blood work looked fine to all MD. OBGYN said some day, I need hysterctomy. Since I was in extreme pain I opted to have it within 2 weeks. (I faxed my blood work to my retired holistic doctor, Rich Easterling and he said, Jen you have an infection or you are just getting over one and your are anemic ). I told my OBGYN and regular doctor that and they said no. I went ahead and had the surgery. The doctor said he removed endometriosis, but it didn’t show up on the pathology report. The pain got worst and my health got worst. I would go into OBGYN and say something is wrong, and they said I was fine, part of healing. By 3 weeks post op, I went in and demanded blood work. A day later, the doctor called and prescribe me an antibiotic and said take it, and in a day or two you will be fine. It Didn’t happen. Instead I got worst. I called the dr that was on call, which happened to be Easter morning(three days on antibiotic ) and he ordered me another antibiotic and said by evening I will be better. The pain got sooooo bad that finally friends of mine drove me to the ER. (I sent hubby and kids to SC for spring break, a trip that I was supposed to be well enough to make by than). The ER ran blood work and did X-rays and finally CT scan. They found and abscess in my lower right side. They immediately admitted me and started me on every strong IV antibiotic there was. They even asked me if I wanted to see the Chaplin ?. The next day, still tons of pain. The on call doctor made an executive decision that saved my life. He scheduled surgery for the next morning. I made it through the night and underwent another procedure to drain the abscess. To their horrifying surprise, it was an infected abscess hematoma. They put a drainage tub in me to drain out the infected blood. It took 4 days for the blood to drain and for my intestines to start working. (Funny how they don’t like sitting in infected blood). My pain continued. I was sent home with antibiotics and pain pills after 6 days of being hospitalized. I went back to OBGYN who took me off the antibiotics and said I was fine. I demanded more blood work which showed the infection was gone(cause they don’t know how to read bloodwork for people with Lyme). I had other tests and asked what other specialist I could see. I had GERD done to see if I had something stuck in my stomach causing pressure. That was fine. I went back weekly for ultrasound and was told that I just have these little ovarian cyst. I ended up in the ER the night I was to fly out to a Pampering, shopping spree, Oprah like trip I earned from my company I represent, Silpada Designs. I was told by ER doctor that is was my cyst and why didn’t the doctor remove my ovaries? Needles to say I missed the trip! The pain continued and I went back to OBGYN who said I was fine. Finally I just gave up on doctors and suffered in pain. After 3 months of barely being able to eat and living in pain( I drank protein drinks and did herbs and vitamins to get by) I tried exercising and BOOM! Talk about extreme pain. Grudgingly, I went back to OBGYN who said my cyst have grown, let’s do Laparoscopy to get rid of them and clean up anything. I had the procedure. The doctor said that my ovaries and tubes were stuck by lesions to my abdomen wall. He removed the lesions and they were healthy. Two days later I got a double infection at surgery site. I was placed on an antibiotic. It didn’t help. So I went back and was tossed to another dr office to observe and diagnose. That is when I was placed on Cipro, which sent me to the ER within 20 min after taking it. They than put me on another antibiotic. My pain had stopped for two weeks after the laparoscopic surgery, only to return with a vengeance. I went back to OBGYN who told me I had a golf ball size cyst on one ovary and three cyst on the other one. He said, see Ya in 6 months. I made an apt for a second opinion, only to have to cancel last minute cause of extreme pain. I went back to OBGYN 6 days later which was Halloween last year. He told me my ovaries are now bad and need to be removed. I asked how they went bad so fast, and he just said they did. Of course being in the pain I was in, I had surgery 4 days later that removed my ovaries, tubes and what he told me was more endometriosis. The pain continued. Post op pain I was informed, so I sucked it up. When I went back two weeks later to have stitches removed I asked where the endometriosis was and was informed “no worries, I am all good because he is a good doctor.” The pathology again showed no endometriosis . I started a new doctor. My story goes on, doctor after doctor. Specialist after specialist. 4-5 ER visits. My blood pressure elevated to 145/90- 150/100 by June 2014. I was Diagnosed with hypothyroid in June at an ER run. My TSH was 43! I was placed on 50mcg of synthroid and my Doctor increased it to 100! I had multiple x-rays (4 huge calcified lymph nodes on my sternum),MRI’s (bone spurs, spinal stenosis, degenerative disk, herniated disks, twisted vertebrae, tilted pelvic and more). a bone scan (which showed an acute fractured 6th rib). I was diagnosed with Chronic Pain and sent to a seminar to learn how to live with it. I finally got desperate! But in all actuality I started to wise up! I drove down to Indiana to see my retired holistic doctor, Rich Easterling, N.D., PHD. with my blood work and all of my medical reports. Rich asked if anyone did a Lyme test on me? Well, I thought for sure they did because they tested me for Lupus, MS and what I thought, all of the other autoimmune diseases. I was wrong. No Lyme test was given. I contacted my doctor at the pain clinic and asked her to run a blood test. She agreed but informed me that she does NOT treat Lyme Disease. I said no problem, I just need the test ordered. The Lyme Antibody Test came back 1.38High! I had switched my main medical doctor right before this test came back. My new Doctor ordered colonoscopy and abdominal ultra sound. Everything was fine. When the Lyme Antibody test came back she started me on antibiotics and an anti anxiety pill. The doctor ordered what was “suppose to be” a Western Bloc Test. I had my blood drawn and went up to Drumand Island for my daughter’s destination wedding. I was soooo ill. I could barely make any of the events and I was only able to make her wedding and the beginning toast to her wedding reception. Yes, I know what heartbreak and pain feels like:(. 4 days after the wedding on Wednesday, August 20th, I saw a Neurologist. She concurred if my western bloc came back that I had Lyme Disease. Unfortunately the western bloc was never ordered because doctors in our area do not know how to order it. Thank you CDC. Instead a second Lyme Antibody test came back at 1.33 HIGH on August 21st. That same day my heart palpations and breathing were so bad, I ended up in the ER again. They gave me 1 hour IV fluids and chest X-ray. I was asked if I was ever diagnosed emphysema. I told them about needing a Western Bloc test and was informed they don’t treat Lyme. I need to make an appointment like everyone else with an infectious disease doctor. I was given an antidepressant (which happened at every ER visit) and sent home with my high blood pressure and trouble breathing. I called my doctor office and they said to come in and pick up the order for western bloc. I had a friend drive me there the next day. When I reached the doctor office, winded of course, I was informed by the receptionist that the doctor on call said “don’t be to excited if you have Lyme Disease. It is nothing to be excited about!” I grinned and left. My thoughts were “Really!!!! Like I want this disease? I just need to know what I am dealing with so I can treat it.” On my way to the lab I read the orders. No, I am NOT a doctor, but by now I know what the same blood orders look like! Yes, once again the other doctor ordered me the Lyme Antibody Test! I questioned the Lab and they concurred. But to my amazement, they didn’t know what a Western Bloc Test was! After 20 minutes of them making calls, I believe one was to the CDC, they told me they knew what to do. I got my blood drawn and was told I would know in 5-6 business days. Later that day I received 2 phone calls from my Doctor Office informing me that they do NOT treat Lyme Disease and if the test came back positive, it isn’t accurate. The ONLY test that is, is IGeneX test and that I had to call this 800 number to order it and bring it to them for the blood draw to mail in. The test was anywhere from $500-$1,000! I didn’t know which one to order ! I decided to wait. On Friday, August 22nd , the same day of blood draw, I started throwing up for a week straight. The story behind not going to the dr or ER is to painful to discuss at this time. I called Rich Easterling on Wednesday, August 27th. Rich found me a holistic clinic in Grand Rapids that he felt could help. I called and could of gotten in that day, but I had no transportation. I booked an appointment on Friday afternoon. When I finally barely got there( I had to drive myself) the doctor ordered some test and said, let’s start some IV nutrition today on you! Praise God! I drove home and threw up for the last time that night. My friend, Kim Ellicott and my brother Richie came over the next day and started making my potassium broth, Oat Straw Tea, juiced organic carrot and apples and prepared my herbs for my herbal colemas and coffee enemas. That was the game changer. A 7 day deep tissue cleanse along with IV Nutrition and Lauricidin, Vera Thera CF and cytothyme THY, and supplements for my body via a hair analysis. I had 4 IV nutrition treatments total in a week and a half. On Tuesday, September 2nd I had my blood drawn for the IGeneX test before my 2nd IV Nutrition. Rich Easterling ND worked with an MD in Tennessee for many years successfully treated Lyme Patients with IV Hydrogen Peroxide instead of antibiotics. Rich wanted me to find a doctor in Michigan that would do that. On Monday, September 8th I found a 3 doctors in Michigan from the free online book called “The Truth About Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide”. I mad the call to Dr Nebbeling office and was able to get in two days later as a new Patient. Dr Nebbeling did a full exam and went over all my medical records. He started me on Photoluminescence (UBI) treatments. I ended up doing 8 of those and getting 2 Neurotherapy (it opened my lymphatic system up and stopped my sciatic and carpel tunnel). Dr Nebbeling also started me on Bio-Identical Hormones. Awesome stuff. After almost a year of waking up every hour due to sweating or hot flashes, I am finally able to sleep! When the IGeneX test came back, Dr Nebbeling had just went to a weekend seminar on Lyme Disease. Before me, he only saw a few people with it. Dr Nebbeling ordered me 10 big bags of IV H2O2 and 10 big bags of IV Vit C with ozone and gluthosinine push. Talk about detoxing. If it wasn’t for my daily coffee enemas and a diet free of sugar dairy and gluten, I don’t think it would of been as easy.
Another part of my healing was having my mercury fillings removed. Unfortunately, I have 4 root canals and all 4 were/are infected with Lyme and Bacteria. This is the last part of my healing process. Dr Nebbeling referred me to a holistic dentist in Milan(where I grew up). Her name is Dr Natalie Horn. Amazing lady. I have undergone two separate surgeries removing two infected root canals. The infections were so bad into my jaw bone that she had to take out some the bone! Tomorrow, Dec 3rd the last two infected root canals will be removed. After that, I plan on 5 more IV H2O2 treatments in hope to be done with this. Dr Nebbeling ordered on November 10th blood work for Lyme markers and cancer markers. If I do have cancer, which unfortunately my co-infections can cause, I will tweak what I am doing and kick that too!

jenniferdarrMy Story, by Jennifer Darr

1 comment

Join the conversation
  • Gina Renee - December 2, 2014 reply

    WOW- our stories sounds so similar minus the root canals – i am so happy for you my fellow Lymie ♥♥♥

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *